DRINKING WATER WARNING
Town of Paonia
Had a Loss of Pressure
BOIL YOUR WATER BEFORE USING
We had a line break on 02/26/2019 which resulted in a significant loss of pressure in the drinking water system.
What does this mean? What should I do?
- DO NOT DRINK THE WATER WITHOUT BOILING IT FIRST. Bring all water to a boil, let it boil for three (3) minutes, and let it cool before using, or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.
- Water main breaks resulting in a loss of system pressure can introduce disease-causing organisms into the water system. These organisms include bacteria, viruses, and parasites, which can cause short-term effects, such as nausea, cramps, diarrhea and associated headaches. The symptoms above are not caused only by organisms in drinking water. If you experience any of these symptoms and they persist, you may want to seek medical advice.
- If you have an infant, severely compromised immune system, are pregnant, or are elderly, you may be at increased risk and should seek advice from your doctor about drinking this water. General guidelines on ways to lessen the risk of infection by bacteria and other disease-causing organisms are available from EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1-800-426-4791.
What is being done?
- We will inform you when tests show no bacteria and you no longer need to boil your water.
- We are diverting water from Roeber Reservoir and repairing spring lines.
We anticipate resolving the problem by 03-05-2019. For more information, please contact Town Hall at
email@example.com or 970-527-4101, or PO Box 460 Paonia CO 81428.
*Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.*
This notice is being sent to you by: Town of Paonia – co0115601 Date distributed: 03-01-2019