Building Code & Enforcement
The Town of Paonia does not endorse or recommend any contractor, engineering firm, abatement firm, or other third party private companies. Occasionally the Town will hire a third-party company to perform services for the Town when Town Staff is unable to perform a service, but the Town makes no recommendations as to who residents should hire to perform a service. If any person or company claims to be working on behalf of the Town or represents that they are the preferred contractor of the Town please call the Town Office to report or confirm at 970-527-4101.
- Building Permit Applications, Checklist & Handouts
- State Electrical Permit & State Demolition
- Building Permit Fee Formula
- Paonia Zoning Map - 2017
If you live within the town limits and are planning to do remodeling involving structural changes, repairs, additions, siding, fencing, roofing, concrete, etc., a building permit is required. The Town of Paonia operates under the 2003 International Residential Building Code, of which there is a copy on file at Town Hall and often the Paonia Public Library. Costs of permits are dependent upon costs of both labor and materials. The Building Official may be reached by calling the Town Hall, or is available in person on Tuesday, and Thursday until 1PM. Please contact the Town Hall for further information.
1. Paonia Residential Submittal Documents
2. Paonia Access to CCICC Building Guides
3. Paonia Building Permit Application
4. Paonia Re-roofing Permit Application
5. Paonia Sign Permit Application
6. Paonia PermitFee_RateSchedule
7. Paonia Floodplain Development Application
8. Paonia Special Review Application
9. Paonia Commercial Submittal Documents
This chart is for reference only, as a guide. The actual cost of a permit will be calculated by the Town Building Department. This chart is not an actual representation of all possible costs and fees associated with the permitting process.