Paonia Town Board
Charles Stewart, Mayor
PO Box 934 Paonia, CO 81428 MayorStewart@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2020
Chelsea Bookout, Mayor Pro-Tem
PO Box 1205 Paonia, CO 81428 ChelseaB@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2022
PO Box 1625 Paonia, CO 81428 SamH@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2020
Paonia, CO 81428 BBear@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2020
PO Box 327 Paonia, CO 81428 KarenB@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2020
PO Box 1016 Paonia, CO 81428 DaveK@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2020
Paonia, CO 81428 MaryB@townofpaonia.com Term Ends April 2022
TOWN BOARD COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS
- Finance and Personnel: Trustees Karen Budinger & Chelsea Bookout
- Public Works/Utilities/Facilities: Trustees William Bear & Mary Bachran
- Governmental Affairs/Public Safety: Trustee Samira Hart
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF COMMITTEE ROLES:
- Finance and Personnel: Review claims, fiscal policies, audit, budget, general finance, personnel,
- Public Works/Utilities/Facilities: Streets, Water, Sewer/WWTP, Storm water, Parks and Recreation, Refuse Service, Town facilities/buildings/properties, Airport, Planning and Zoning, Economic/Community Development
- Governmental Affairs/Public Safety: Police, Fire/Emergency Services, Rules, policies, intergovernmental agreements and relationships, ordinances and statutes
- Barbara Heck – Chair – Panning & Zoning
- Dave Knutson – Zoning
- Lucy Hunter – Planning
- James Normandin – Zoning
- Thomas Markle – Zoning
- Charles Stewart – Mayor – Planning
- Bill Bear – Trustee – Planning & Zoning
- Monica Foguth– Planning
The Planning Commission is created for the following purposes:
(1) To prepare, maintain and adopt, subject to periodic revision as necessary, a Master Plan as described by state statutes.
(2) To implement the provisions of Chapters 16 and 17 of this Code, and to perform all functions and powers referred to in said chapters where reference is made.
(3) To study and recommend to the Board of Trustees amendments to the Zoning Map of the Town.
(4) To study and recommend appropriate zoning classifications for all annexations to the Town.
(5) To exchange information with the various governmental agencies charged with planning and zoning responsibilities and with the Board of Adjustment.
(6) To have all other duties and powers incidental to the above and any and all powers and duties set out by state statute, except that nothing herein shall permit the Planning Commission to make amendments or changes in the zoning of the Town, such powers expressly being reserved by the Board of Trustees.
Membership and Terms:
The Planning Commission shall consist of five (5) members, all of whom must be residents of the Town, including two (2) elected members consisting of the Mayor and one (1) member of the Board of Trustees appointed by the Mayor. The remaining three (3) members shall be appointed by the Mayor.
The terms of such three (3) members shall be fixed and designated by the Mayor to end at two (2) years from the last municipal election at the time of appointment, with the terms of office staggered. The terms for the Mayor and the member of the Board of Trustees shall continue until their successors are duly elected and qualified, at which time elected members of the Board shall be designated to serve on the Planning Commission for terms coincident with their terms of office as Mayor or as a member of the Board of Trustees. As terms expire, new or reappointed members shall be appointed for two-year terms of office at such time as the terms of those previously appointed expire.