INVITATION TO BID
TOWN OF PAONIA
August 31, 2016
Sealed bids for construction of Out-of-Town waterline replacements will be received at the Paonia Town Hall, 214 Grand Avenue, Paonia, CO 81428 until 2:00 p.m., September 30, 2016, at which time, in said office, Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Mailed Bids should be addressed to the Town of Paonia, Attn: Corinne Ferguson, Town Clerk.
The construction site is located in Delta County, Colorado, just south of the Town of Paonia (Town) on Lamborn Mesa, intermittently along Lamborn Mesa Road, between the Upper (Lamborn Mesa) water treatment plant and Cresthaven Road near the decommissioned 0.50 million gallon (MG) water storage tank.
The project generally consists of the replacement of specific segments of Out-of-Town water transmission mains. More specifically, there are four segments of waterlines that have been identified by the Town as being in various stages of disrepair. Separate individual Bid Schedules are provided for the four waterline segments referenced as Bid Schedule A, Bid Schedule B, Bid Schedule C and Bid Schedule D. Contractors may elect to bid on one Bid Schedule, a combination of Bid Schedules, or all four Bid Schedules for which they are qualified to execute the Work. A fifth Bid Schedule (Bid Schedule M) is provided for mobilization. The construction for which Bids are requested include the following major items:
Bid Schedule A: New 8-Inch PVC Water Transmission Main
(From the Upper Water Treatment Plant to Roeber Road)
1. Replacement of approximately 2,700 lineal feet of existing 8-inch steel water transmission main with an 8-inch AWWA C900 Cl 200 PVC waterline along a graveled access road to the upper water treatment plant including associated valves and fittings.
2. Installation of a concrete pressure reducing valve (PRV) vault (installation of pressure reducing valves to be completed by the Town).
3. Installation of master meter with manhole metering vault.
4. Installation of two new fire hydrants.
5. Connection to existing 8-inch steel waterline at 3 locations.
6. Reconnection of one existing water service line.
7. Associated trench surface restoration.
Bid Schedule B: New 8-Inch PVC Water Transmission Main
(Continuation of Bid Schedule A from PRV Vault in Roeber Road to Lower (Clock) Water
1. Replacement of approximately 7,400 lineal feet of existing 8-inch steel water transmission main with new 8-inch AWWA C900 Cl 200 PVC waterline across agricultural fields including associated valves and fittings.
2. Installation of one air release valve with manhole valve vault.
3. Installation of two new fire hydrants.
4. Crossing of Lucas Creek at two locations.
5. Connection to existing 4-inch PVC waterline at Minrich Road.
6. Connection to existing 8-inch steel waterline at existing PRV vault near lower water treatment plant.
7. Reconnection of approximately 8 existing water service lines.
8. Associated trench surface restoration.
Bid Schedule C: New 6-Inch PVC Waterline Extension
(New 6-Inch Waterline along Lamborn Mesa Road from Minerich Road Intersection)
1. Extension of approximately 1,200 lineal feet of new 6-Inch AWWA C900 Cl 200 PVC waterline including associated valves and fittings to replace a portion of an existing 5-inch steel dead-end waterline
2. Connection to existing 4-inch PVC waterline.
3. Installation of one new fire hydrants.
4. Installation of approximately 1,000 lineal feet of domestic water service lines.
5. Reconnection of approximately 6 existing water service lines.
6. Associated trench surface restoration.
Bid Schedule D: New 8-Inch PVC Water Transmission Main
(From Existing 8-Inch Steel Waterline in Omega Road to 0.50 MG Water Storage Tank)
1. Installation of approximately 3,000 lineal feet of 8-inch AWWA C900 Cl 200 PVC waterline to replace a portion of an existing 5-inch dead-end steel waterline (approximately 1,200 lineal feet will be installed within the existing Omega Road right-of-way, with the remaining 1,800 lineal feet installed through an agricultural field).
2. Connection to existing 8-inch steel waterline at 2 locations.
3. Installation of two air release valves with manhole valve vaults.
4. Installation of four new fire hydrants.
5. Installation of approximately 150 lineal feet of 2-inch Schedule 40 PVC waterline with connection to private water system.
6. Installation of private master meter with manhole metering vault.
7. Installation of approximately 1,850 lineal feet of domestic water service lines.
8. Reconnection of approximately 20 existing water service lines.
9. Associated trench surface restoration.
The Contract Documents, including Plans and Specifications, may be examined at the following locations:
1. WestWater Engineering, 2516 Foresight Circle #1, Grand Junction, Colorado
2. Western Colorado Contractors, 2470 F Road #14, Grand Junction, Colorado
3. Town of Paonia, 241 Grand Avenue, Paonia, Colorado
Copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained at the office of WestWater Engineering,
2516 Foresight Circle #1, Grand Junction, CO 81505, upon deposit of $100 per set. There will be a refund of $20.00 if the documents are returned in good condition within 15 days after the bid opening. There will be an additional charge of $20.00 for overnight delivery.
At the Contractor’s option a digital copy of the Plans and Specifications may be obtained by contacting WestWater Engineering, 2516 Foresight Circle #1, Grand Junction, CO 81505
(970) 241-7076. There is no charge for the digital copy of the Plans and Specifications.
If Contractor elects to bid the project, a hard copy of the Plans and Specifications must be purchased to provide required Bid Documents in submitting a Bid Proposal.
This project is also subject to the State of Colorado’s Revolving Loan Fund (SRF) requirements as further described in the Contract Documents, including:
1) Davis-Bacon & Related Acts for Prevailing Wages
2) American Iron and Steel
3) Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Other Responsibility Matters
4) Disadvantages Business Enterprise Program (DBE)
5) Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
6) Williams Steiger Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
7) Archeological Discoveries
8) Compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act
A mandatory site visit for potential bidders will assemble at the Paonia Town Hall at
2:00 p.m. on September 13, 2016.
FOR THE TOWN OF PAONIA
BY: J. Corinne Ferguson, Town Clerk