INVITATION TO BID
TOWN OF PAONIA
CLARK ALLEY SEWER LINE REPLACEMENT
August 16, 2019
Sealed bids for construction of the Clark Alley Sewer Line Replacement project will be received at the Town of Paonia, P. O. Box 460, Paonia, CO 81428 until 3:00 p.m., September 18, 2019, at which time, in said office, bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Mailed bids should be addressed to Town of Paonia, Attn: Corinne Ferguson.
The construction site is located in the Town of Paonia, Colorado, in the alley between Clark and Minnesota Avenues (between 2nd and 3rd Streets). The Owner has decided to provide all pipe and manhole materials required for the project. The construction for which bids are being requested generally includes the following major items:
- Installation of approximately 780 L.F. of 8-inch SDR 35 PVC sewer line to replace an existing 8-inch VCP sewer line that will be converted to a storm drain upon completion of the project.
- Installation of eight (8) standard sanitary sewer manholes and two (2) drop manholes.
- Reconnection of eight (8) active sewer service lines to the new sewer main including any necessary 4-inch SDR 35 PVC sewer service pipe and fittings.
- Removal and disposal of one (1) existing sanitary sewer manhole with temporary bypass piping and fittings to accommodate live sewage flows during construction including control of live sewage during manhole removal.
- Connection to existing sewer lines at three (3) new manhole locations, including control of live sewage.
- Installation of one (1) new standard storm drain inlet catch basin with grate and frame.
- Installation of one (1) new standard storm drain manhole.
- Connections to existing manholes to be converted to storm drain manholes with new
8-inch SDR 35 PVC storm drain pipe at two (2) locations.
- Potholing of existing sanitary sewer lines and service lines to confirm locations.
- Site restoration including asphalt pavement and alley gravel surfacing.
- Traffic control.
The Contract Documents, including Plans and Specifications, may be examined at the following locations:
- WestWater Engineering, 2516 Foresight Circle #1, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Town of Paonia, 214 Grand Avenue, Paonia, Colorado
- Western Colorado Contractors, 2470 Patterson Road #14, Grand Junction, Colorado
Paper copies of the Contract Documents (Plans and Specifications) may be obtained at the office of WestWater Engineering, 2516 Foresight Circle #1, Grand Junction, CO 81505, (970 241-7076), upon deposit of $25.00 per set. Optional digital files of the Plans and Specifications may be obtained by contacting WestWater Engineering. There is no charge for the digital files of the Plans and Specifications.
Complete instructions regarding insurance, bonds and bidding requirements are given in the Contract Documents. A bid security of 5% is required. The Owner reserves the right to waive informalities in bids and to reject any or all bids. Performance and payment bonds are not required on the Contract.
A site visit for potential bidders will assemble at the Paonia Town Hall, 214 Grand Avenue, Paonia, Colorado at 2:00 p.m., September 5, 2019. Potential bidders can also visit the site by contacting the Town.
FOR THE TOWN OF PAONIA