Printable Version – TOP RFP Real Estate Services (003)
TOWN OF PAONIA, COLORADO
RFP FOR REAL ESTATE BROKER SERVICES
The Town of Paonia, Colorado invites written proposals for Real Estate Services to provide
market assessments, solicitation of sales, and final sales services for two (2) properties owned by the Town.
It is the intent of this RFP to have the successful broker/firm enter into a Professional Services Contract with the Town of Paonia to supply real estate services as outlined herein.
The properties consist of:
Property A: 38784 Marsh Road, Paonia, Colorado
38 acre residential/agricultural as one sellable parcel with various out buildings. A former residential structure is in the process of demolition. The selected firm is expected to meet the Town of Paonia’s objective to sell the property therefore having an extensive marketing reach is extremely important. The firm is expected to market and sell the property to prospects seeking a rural residential/agricultural location. Additional property details when firm is selected.
Property B: 38976 Hwy 133, Paonia, Colorado
3.3 acre or 15.47 acre residential/agricultural as one sellable parcel with 2 possible acreage options. Parcel has a home with attached garage and out buildings. Access off of Highway 133 will continue to be perpetually shared with the Town of Paonia. The selected firm is expected to meet the Town of Paonia’s objective to sell the property therefore having an extensive marketing reach is extremely important. The firm is expected to market and sell the property to prospects seeking a rural residential/agricultural location. Additional property details when firm is selected.
The real estate firm will be paid strictly on commission basis and will be expected to work closely with the Town of Paonia and their designee as well to provide monthly reports to the Town.
Sealed proposals must be received by 2:00 PM, on August 19, 2016. Proposals must be clearly marked on the outside as: “Proposal – Real Estate Broker Services”
Proposals are to be submitted to: Town of Paonia
PO Box 460
214 Grand Avenue
Paonia, CO 81428
Proposals will be opened and read aloud at 2:00 PM, August 19, 2016. Selection will be made by the Paonia Town Board on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 during the regular Town Board Meeting.
The Town of Paonia reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, or parts of proposals, when it is judged to be in the best interest of the Town of Paonia
All questions should be directed to Jane Berry, Town Manager, Town of Paonia, 214 Grand Avenue, Paonia, CO 81428, and Telephone: 970-527-4101 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
A. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The successful firm shall agree to contract with the Town of Paonia to provide the following:
• Perform market analysis.
• Develop strategies for sale of properties.
• Work with the Town to negotiate property sales with buyers and prospects.
• Coordinating real estate appraisals of potential purchaser.
• Coordinating real estate transaction closings.
• Handling all other customary activities and services associated with real estate transactions.
Services may include consultation with Town of Paonia Staff and the Town of Paonia Town Board relating to the sale of real estate. Presentations at public meetings may be required.
B. BROKER’S QUALIFICATIONS
Respondents to this RFP shall have the following qualifications:
• Must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Colorado.
• Must have an excellent reputation in the real estate community.
• Must be knowledgeable in the local real estate market and have experience with residential and agricultural properties.
• Must be knowledgeable in the use of all public real estate records.
C. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
For proposal purposes, proposers must submit copies of certificates of insurance for general liability and workers compensation. The successful contractor must provide original certificates prior to commencing services.
D. FEE SCHEDULE
The proposed fee schedule shall include the following items:
State your commission rate for the selling of properties.
E. TERM OF CONTRACT
The contract period for the successful broker/firm will be from date of award until either party choose to discontinue the contract. The contract may be terminated by either party with 60 (sixty) days prior notice.
F. EVALUATION AND AWARD PROCESS
Issuance of this RFP and receipt of proposals does not commit the Town of Paonia to award a contract. The Town of Paonia reserves the right to postpone receipt date, accepting or rejecting any or all proposals received in response to this RFP, or to negotiate with any of the brokers/firms submitting an RFP, or to cancel all or part of this RFP.
G. ORAL PRESENTATION/INTERVIEWS
Firms submitting a proposal in response to this RFP may be required to give an oral presentation of their proposal. Additional technical and/or cost information may be requested for clarification purposes, but in no way will change the original proposal submitted. Interviews are optional and may or may not be conducted.
H. SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Knowledge of local real estate market and Town of Paonia.
2. Expansive reach for marketing the property.
3. Residential and agricultural real state experience, qualifications and references.
4. Proven residential/agricultural real estate track record.
6. Ability of the contractor(s) to meet or exceed the requirements defined in the RFP.
7. Local reputation.
8. Fee schedule
9. Completeness of response to RFP as outlined in this solicitation.
I. RFP SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
By submitting a proposal, you represent that you have (1) thoroughly examined and become familiar with the scope of services outlined in this RFP and (2) are capable of performing quality work to achieve the Town of Paonia’s objectives.
The following information must accompany your proposal:
1. List years in business, previous names of the firm, if any.
2. Description of your firm including size of firm, location, number and nature of the professional staff to be assigned to the Town of Paonia; staff experience and training, including a brief resume for each key person listed.
3. Describe experience (minimum five years previous experience with proven effectiveness) your firm or organization has in pertinent real estate experience.
5. List of three references for whom your firm provided services. Please provide names and telephone numbers of contact persons for each reference.
6. Additional services offered through your firm.
7. Listing of current litigation, outstanding judgments and liens.
8. Fee schedule: State your commission rate for listing and selling of properties.
9. State any other costs the Town of Paonia may anticipate relating to the real estate services to be provided.