Local News Feeds
- KVNF Regional Newscast: July 9, 2020 July 9, 2020Fire restrictions in place across Western Slope Western utility looks to scale up its renewable power capacity Majority of Mountain West residents think Trump is not handling the pandemic well Lake Powell is essential to millions of people, but its water supply is declining sharply
- KVNF Regional Newscast: July 8, 2020 July 8, 2020New tool from CU-Boulder measures coronavirus transmission risk Debunking the myth that the Irish were the most enslaved people in the U.S. Colorado's rate of COVID-19 is climbing; Western Slope case numbers Interview with public health director about COVID-19 spike in Mineral County
- KVNF Regional Newscast: July 7, 2020 July 7, 2020Gov. Jared Polis visits Grand Junction, signs several bills into law Violin vigil held in Grand Junction for victims of police brutality Delta County extends state of emergency until August 5 Small business owners have until August 8 to apply for loans Lake Powell filled for the first time 40 years ago this summer
- KVNF Regional Newscast: July 1, 2020 July 1, 2020Preliminary results from Tuesday's primary election Gov. Polis urges Coloradans to avoid large 4th of July gatherings, closes bars and nightclubs for 30 days Video games may help relieve stress
- Local Motion: West Nile virus and mosquitoes (encore) June 30, 2020Mosquitoes aren't just annoying -- their bite can transmit diseases to humans and animals, including West Nile virus.
- Am I an invasive species? July 9, 2020How COVID-19 and ‘murder hornets’ compelled a writer to rethink invasions.
- How the ‘only family’ argument is used against Indigenous families July 9, 2020The phrasing was once deployed to keep Native families together under the Indian Child Welfare Act. Now, the narrative has been reversed.
- Reimagining nature poetry July 8, 2020Benjamin Garcia’s ‘Thrown in the Throat’ uses plants and landscapes to think past oppressive structures.
- El Oeste tiene un papel en la reinvención de los Estados Unidos July 8, 2020Nuestra noción del ‘excepcionalismo Americano’ ha colapsado. ¿Qué lo reemplazará?
- North American bats may be susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 July 7, 2020This is bad news for bats and humans.
- Upcoming Board of Trustee Member Meetings – July 7, 8, 2020 at Town Hall
- SICK TREE DAY – Hosted by the Paonia Tree Board July 11, 2020
- Let’s Talk Food Trucks – July 29, 2020
- CDOT UPDATE: Glenwood Canyon Delays over July 4th Weekend
- Town Hall Closed July 3, 2020 Friday Trash will be Picked up Thursday, July 2nd